Ringing in the New Year
The holiday season is the single most popular segment of the year for engagements to take place. But if you’re already in a serious relationship, you’re probably well aware. However, are you completely sure of what you’d like your guy to pop the question with? These days, engagement rings don’t have to be the perfect Tiffany’s princess cut – though we think those are pretty spectacular too. Check out these five stunning options to learn more about a piece of jewelry you could be wearing for the rest of your life! And be sure to look up the rocks on the celebrities we included under each who sport the dazzling gems.
1. Emerald. Classic, slightly vintage looking and bold, an emerald engagement ring is just stunning to behold. Usually these rings are slightly larger to show off the unique shape. Popular among renowned celebrities, this ring speaks of elegance, expensive taste and regal beauty.
Celebs: Beyonce, Reese Witherspoon, Angeline Jolie
2. Round. The round engagement ring is simply a beauty. Round cut engagement rings actually DO sparkle and catch light more than any other cut, making it a popular choice for some who choose a smaller stone. It can still give a dazzling appearance without causing your significant other to take out an extra loan.
Celebs: Michelle Obama, Scarlett Johansson
3. Cushion Cut. Cushion cut adds just the right amount of extra glam! These simply add a round of small diamonds to the edge of your center diamond or stone, which adds an extra layer of sparkle and brilliance.
Celebs: Ivanka Trump, Carrie Underwood
4. Princess. Oh the princess cut – what most people would say is the most classic of engagement rings.
Celebs: Kristin Cavallari
5. Alternative Color or Stone. We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the killer stones that aren’t even diamonds! More and more women want something completely unique and different from others to capture their own unique love and relationship with their significant other. Yellow diamonds and sapphires are especially popular and look amazing on the fingers of these celebs. Follow suit and find your own unique stone.
Celebs: Kate Middleton, Heidi Klum, Kristen Bell, Penelope Cruz