New York City Event Planners: Anchors Away! Nautical Themed Weddings
Themed weddings allow colors, decorations and food to come together easily and effortlessly, tying them all together with something close to the couple’s hearts. If your first date was sailing or you are both from a beach town, or even if you went on a great seaside vacation together, a nautical theme can be beautiful and classic.
- Incorporating navy into your color scheme is a must, but we also recommend adding a pink or yellow for a pop of color and femininity.
- Stripes, anchors and ropes can be easily designed for a save-the-date card, invitations and thank you cards. We recommend a combination of script and a simple font to capture a map or nautical theme. Simple seashell drawing and sketches make a great addition and visual.
- We love how rope, sand and seashells can be incorporated into table signs, place cards and programs. These can be great DIY elements for the couple to create themselves in the months leading up the wedding. We recommend heading to Pinterest and Etsy for inspiration on these.
- Summertime and Spring are best for nautical weddings – preferably with an outdoor component. We love docked yachts, beachside country clubs and restaurants and sailboats.
- Sea-salt soap, anchor bottle openers, candles, salt-water taffy, rope bracelets and canvus totes with nautical prints make perfect favors at your wedding. Additionally, traditional favors like matchbooks and wine bottles can be themed easily with nautical stamps and prints to match your theme!