Long Island Wedding Planners: Should You Watch Wedding Shows to Prep for Your Big Day?
There are so many wedding inspired TV shows out there today – from those focused on the dress, to the destination to the food, but should you watch them for inspiration? Or will they give unrealistic expectations and dreams? Our vote is yes, watch them! We have listed our favorites below and why they made our vote, a positive one!
- Say Yes to the Dress
- “Part fashion show, part bridal therapy, Say Yes to the Dress follows brides as they shop for their dream gowns at Kleinfeld, the world’s premier bridal salon.”
- Why you’ll watch it: This is a fabulous show, not only for the brides and their stories, but because it can help you see a ton of different dress options and how they look on different body types, before even stepping foot inside a bridal shop.
- My Fair Wedding
- “A bride knows what she wants for her wedding — the dress, the flowers, even the icing on the cake! But with only a few weeks before the big day, celebrity event planner David Tutera shows up and changes everything. David sits down with the bride, he learns her style, likes and dislikes before taking over everything, creating her fairytale wedding in a short period of time.”
- Why you’ll watch it: Is a celebrity wedding planner out of your budget? Then My Fair Wedding is your ticket to top line advice and insight into creating a perfect wedding. We love this one for all those little fixes that can turn a good wedding into a great one.
- “What happens when four brides with four totally different styles agree to attend and judge each others weddings? It’s a competition with only one winner — and the prize at stake is a fabulous honeymoon!”
- Why you’ll watch it: Love this! It’s a perfect way to check out inspired themes, foods and décor without actually attending any weddings yourself! From nautical to colonial to backyard – these brides have brought all new ideas to the table.
Just remember, no two brides or weddings are the same, so not everything you see on these shows will work for your big day, but they are a great resource to provide inspiration and advice you might not find elsewhere!