Long Island Event Planners: How to Throw a St. Patrick’s Day Party…For Adults
When people think about celebrating St. Patrick’s day, they often think of college kids and massive bar hopping – but we think that themes of green, luckiness and Irish heritage are perfect for a classy, elegant cocktail party – ideal for all of you who have outgrown your green beer days.
- Think green, white and orange. These colors lend well to cheery atmospheres and hints of Irish, so don’t shy away from shamrocks and spring flowers when setting your space.
- We recommend fresh greens with orange Gerber daises – this arrangement will make everything think, “spring is here!” there moment they see it.
- St. Patty’s Day is also perfect for guest goodies and playful fun – so head over here to see a few crafts for inspiration – we especially like the straw toppers and pins.
- A great Guinness or black and tan beer is a perfect way to feel a little Irish during your celebration, and is certainly a drink that your guests won’t normally have, it’s also a classic!
- For the cocktail lovers, hold the vermouth on your martini and add a little crème de menthe to create a lovely green color and taste.
- Looking for a little something stronger? A whiskey cocktail featuring smooth Irish whiskey with the minty flavor of crème de menthe liqueur and hers of Chartreuse is a lovely alternative to regular old beer.
- Irish foods are hearty and delicious. Be it Irish soda bread or corned beef and cabbage, you can’t go wrong with the classics.
- Looks for something a little more sweet? Green cupcakes and cookies are always a must – just put a few drops of green food dye in any batter to bring a little Irish to your dish!
- Sitting down to an elegant meal with friends? We suggest starting with a Watercress soup with whiskey cream, moving on to a veggie kebab with mash and ending with a sweet mint chocolate fudge treat. A menu to impress all your friends!