Inspiration for Your Engagement Photos
Engagement photos are all the rage these days. One of the biggest moments of your life just occurred, you’re in love, you’re ready to celebrate, and you want pictures to document these feelings for the rest of your life.
So how do you get killer engagement photos? We have a few recommendations.
1. Find a photographer that you trust. This step goes beyond ensuring that they’re a decent photo retoucher. You want to work with someone who can spend a little time getting to know you and your fiance as a couple to best portray your feelings for each other, and your personality as a couple.
2. Choose a setting that is somehow unique to the two of you! Whether this be a baseball stadium because your first date was here, or in the city where you first met, let your engagement photos speak to part of your relationship. We love the following unique settings and props. You can tell what’s important to these couples, even without knowing them.
3. Wear a couple different outfits. You just don’t know how you will feel about that flower print dress once you see it in photos. Plus a little variety adds a whole lot of fun and provides more unique photos for you to use.
4. Get creative. Photoshoots are often improvised depending on the weather, lighting, props in your environment and last minute improvisations. Use your surroundings to your advantage – the more you do, the more unique your photos will be. Recent bride and wedding blogger Heather Fields says that’s her best advice. “Don’t plan out too many shots. You get hung up on getting the ones you want instead of enjoying and just being yourself. Be free-spirited when it comes to what shots you get.” The following photos are from her engagement session in Indianapolis.
And check out these fun scenic settings!
5. Have fun! Laugh, joke with each other, be playful. Ignore the camera and get excited about this huge moment in your life. Your smiles should say it all.